Mushrooms are one of those incredible ingredients that sings out in food, even when they aren’t fresh. Dried and powdered mushrooms do amazing things in cooking — whether you use them to make a stock, a sauce, a spice rub for meat, or even to flavor fresh pasta dough. These varieties of wild mushrooms from Wine Forest are some of the very best — including Porcinis, Morels, Mousserons, and Black Trumpets.
Set of 3 includes porcini powder plus dried porcinis and mousserons.
Set of 5 includes porcini powder plus all dried varieties below.
- Porcini Powder: This utra-fine dried porcini mushroom powder has a rich, concentrated taste
- Dried Porcinis: These dried mushrooms have an earthy, woodsy taste
- Dried Mousserons: Also called ‘fairy rings’, these wild mushrooms have a similar taste to the porcini
- Dried Morels: Highly prized for their fleeting season, these mushrooms taste nutty and meaty
- Dried Black Trumpets: This strongly flavored funnel-shaped variety pairs especially well with potatoes and pasta, or sautéed in butter to bring out its intense aroma
Photography by James Ransom.